Rio Gold Racing Club
• Ever wanted to be involved in racehorse ownership?
• Love jumping and want to be a part of an exciting racing partnership for the Summer months?
• Want to be on the winning team and a part of one of the most dynamic yards in National Hunt racing?
Dan Skelton Racing are excited to be launching Rio Gold Racing Club, an exciting ownership opportunity for the Summer of 2018. By becoming a member of RGRC you will be involved in all ten horses running in the RGRC colours, who are in training at Lodge Hill and will be running between 1st April and 31st October.
Becoming a Rio Gold Racing Club Member entitles you to:
- Weekly email video updates on how the horses are progressing in training and any running plans/entries for the week ahead
- Being an equity share owner in all Club horses along with Club Ambassador Nick Skelton
- A share in any prize money accrued by Club horses, divided on a pro-rata basis between share owners at the end of the partnership term
- A pro-rated share of the sale prices of the Club horses at the end of the partnership term
- RGRC Club mornings at Lodge Hill every other Wednesday through the Summer to watch the Club horses work and school. Club mornings will accommodate up to 20 members at a time and will be operated on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority going to members who have not previously visited
- Entry in to a ballot for complimentary and discounted O&T badges whenever the horses run
- Exclusive access to the Rio Gold Racing Club box at every meeting at Stratford Racecourse during the Summer
- An end of Summer celebration to which all Club members are invited at Stratford racecourse
We have assembled what we feel will be a strong team of horses to run through the Summer and hopefully follow on from last Summer’s RGRC success!
All of the horses have been enjoying a Winter break since their arrival and look ideal types to embark on successful Summer campaigns.
All of the horses have been extensively examined by our veterinary surgeon since their purchase. Any veterinary treatment deemed necessary has been carried out to ensure that the Club horses will be in top condition when they come into training early in the New Year.
BARON VON CHILL
2012 bay gelding by Sulamani (Ire) ex Kings Maiden (Ire) (King’s Theatre (Ire))
A maiden who has been placed over two miles, but looks like he could benefit from a step up in trip. An ideal type to be kicking on with in handicaps.
2010 grey gelding by Slickly (Fr) ex Bocanegra (Fr) (Night Shift (USA))
A former high-class hurdler. There is definitely still races to be won with him and he also could be one to go novice chasing.
2012 bay gelding by Al Namix (Fr) ex Oreli (Fr) (Robin Des Pres (Fr))
BHA 8h 67c
Has been tried over all trips and hurdles & fences! He may be one to benefit from a wind operation but he’s a chancey sort who is off a low mark. He wasn’t beaten far in two races in France.
2014 chesnut filly by Poet’s Voice (GB) ex Protectress (GB) (Hector Prospector (USA))
A horse who has won on the Flat and is by the same sire as Rio Gold 2017’s ultra consistent Gibson Park. Will start this Summer in maiden & novices’ hurdles.
GI JAYNE (IRE)
2011 bay mare by Millenary (GB) ex Lady Of Appeal (Ire) (Lord Of Appeal (GB))
Placed in Irish point to points and also finished 2nd in a maiden hurdle in Ireland. Will go hurdling and could be another to go novice chasing before the end of the Summer.
2012 bay gelding by Intikhab (USA) ex Cuilaphuca (Ire) (Danetime (Ire))
BHA 95h 87c
A winning hurdler, he looks like he could be on a nice mark and we’ll aim to take advantage of that in handicaps.
2011 bay gelding by Dansili (GB) ex Manayer (Ire) (Sadler’s Wells (USA))
A former inmate who when last in training at Lodge Hill had finished second in a handicap hurdle off a mark of 117. His mark has fallen significantly since then and can make the most of a low mark.
JUST A FEELING (GB)
2010 chesnut mare by Flemensfirth (USA) ex Precious Lady (GB) (Exit To Nowhere (USA))
Another who will benefit from a step up in trip, and could also go novice chasing before the end of the Summer.
2014 bay gelding by Azamour (Ire) ex Kerania (Ire) (Daylami (Ire))
A horse who had a few runs for experience but needed a little time to mature. Ought to be competitive when starting back in the Spring.
MISS BENEFITZ (IRE)
2011 chesnut mare by Beneficial (GB) ex African Keys (Ire) (Quws (GB))
Has been placed over hurdles and another who can capitalise on a low mark during the Summer. May benefit from having a wind operation.
2012 bay gelding by Mountain High (Ire) ex Evnelu (Ire) (Old Vic (GB))
Another great campaigner for the Club in 2017, Petrou won his first four and finished second in a valuable handicap chase at Uttoxeter on only his second start over fences. The Summer Cup at Uttoxeter will be his target for 2018
PREMIER ROSE (IRE)
2009 bay mare by Westerner (GB) ex Alltoplayfor (Ire) (Broken Hearted (GB))
A very tough performer who won two of her three of her starts for the Club in 2017. Sure to give our members yet more fun days out during 2018
SET LIST (IRE)
2009 bay gelding by Heron Island (Ire) ex Copper Magic (Ire) (Zaffaran (USA))
A horse who is still a novice over hurdles but has run some nice races in defeat, most notably when finishing second in the Badger Ales Chase at Wincanton last season. Could give the Club a lot of fun, as he is our highest-rated horse.
SIMPLY LUCKY (IRE)
2009 bay gelding by Flemensfirth (USA) ex Derrygowna Court (Ire) (Rakaposhi King (GB))
Looked woeful when initially tried under Rules but has won a point to point since. Is off a very low mark but could be chancey; we need luck!
THE PINE MARTIN (IRE)
2010 brown gelding by Kalanisi (Ire) ex Regal Holly (GB) (Gildhoran (GB))
Needed some time after a small injury after looking progressive. Another one who could go chasing before the end of the Summer.
Anyone registering their interest in purchasing a share will be invited to an Open Morning at Lodge Hill where the horses will be paraded for prospective Club members, and you will have the chance to discuss RGRC in a little more depth with Dan and the team.